GeForce Experience by Nvidia is a software designed to optimize games. Although many gamers claim that it consumes a lot of RAM and significantly reduces the performance. If you are looking for the ways to completely uninstall GeForce Experience, then we have several useful ideas for you.
Important: It’s worth mentioning what will happen if you uninstall GeForce Experience:
- Download and update video card drivers. Without GF Experience, you will have to do it yourself by regularly visiting NVIDIA official website.
- Game graphic parameters: having deleted GeForce, you will have to configure everything manually.
- You will have to refuse to use NVIDIA Shadowplay and NVIDIA SHIELD. The first provides a special panel for managing games. The second allows you to broadcast the gameplay to other devices.
- News about discounts, developments, etc.: you will have to go to the official NVIDIA website for such information.
Before uninstalling the program, we recommend that you disable it from the startup. Right-click on the vacant area of the taskbar, select Task Manager. Go to the Auto Backup tab, find the Nvidia GeForce Experience line. Right-click Disable and restart the system. Now let’s proceed to the main task.
Uninstall GeForce Experience using third-party software
We will show how to uninstall GeForce Experience on the example of the IObit Uninstaller. Of course, you can use any special software developed specifically for such tasks. Read more about similar products at our 7 best uninstallers article.
- Launch IObit and navigate to the Programs tab > All programs and type NVidia in the search. Tick the checkbox in front of the GF Experience and click the Uninstall button at the top of the menu.
- In the next window we advise you to tick create a restore point and automatically remove residual files checkboxes. Then click Uninstall.
- IObit will launch the integrated GF Experience uninstaller. Click Uninstall.
At the end of the process you can see a standard report on the released disk space and the deleted files. The advantage of this approach is that IObit also cleans up the residual files and registry entries.
Remove GeForce Experience manually
In case you don’t want to use any software, you can uninstall GeForce Experience manually.
Option 1. Standard removal.
- Go to the Options of the system. You can do it through This Computer. Click the Uninstall or change program button in the window header.
- In the next Settings section window find GeForce Experience. Press Uninstall/Change and confirm the choice.
- Follow the instructions and wait for the process to complete.
In earlier versions, the entire NVIDIA software package was linked. Thus the removal of the GF Experience entailed uninstallation of drivers too. Today, there is no such problem, so all other software should remain.
Option 2. Via Start menu. You can also uninstall GF Experience through the Start menu.
- Left-click on Start, find the GF Experience. Call the context menu by right-clicking on the icon, then choose Uninstall.
- The Programs & Features window opens. Select GF Experience and press Uninstall/Change. Follow the instructions and wait for the program to be deleted.
Option 3. Non-standard method. Sometimes it may happen that GF Experience is not found in the Settings or Control Panel. In this situation, you can go the non-standard way. Usually there is no uninstaller file in the folder with the application itself. So you can just delete this folder.
Important: GF Experience task must be completed beforehand. Otherwise the system will refuse to delete the executable folder. To do this, right-click the application icon in the message bar and select Exit.
Then you can delete the folder. It is located in: C:Program Files (x86)NVIDIA Corporation. Its name is NVIDIA GeForce Experience.
After you remove the folder, the program will stop launching automatically when the computer turnes on and will no longer bother you.
There is an option not to uninstall GF Experience, but just not to let it run. But in this case you have to manually turn off the GF Experience every time you start your computer. Attempting to uninstall it from Auto Backup will not succeed – the process is automatically added there.
When installing NVIDIA drivers, the installation manager also suggests installing GeForce Experience. Previously, the software was installed automatically, now you can choose not to install it. To do this, during installation, select Custom installation to enter the software setup mode. You can now see the NVIDIA GeForce Experience installation item. You just have to uncheck it and the program will not be added.
Note: If you need to install GeForce Experience again, then use this link and follow the installation instructions.