ThinkMobiles is one of most trusted companies conducting IT & software reviews since 2011. Our mission is to provide best reviews, analysis, user feedback and vendor profiles. Learn more about our methodology and review process.
How to uninstall Overwatch
Blizzard Entertainment games are always fascinating, enjoyable, and worked out to the smallest detail. No wonder game fans all over the globe adore playing them for over 26 years. We bet that almost every video game fan has spent days playing Overwatch by Blizzard Entertainment or at least heard of it.
Since 2016, this shooter multiplayer game has gathered a great army of followers. But if you read this, then you are probably faced with the need to uninstall Overwatch, regardless of the reasons. Be it the technical problems or the need to free up the disk space for other games. Just follow our instructions and you will easily get rid of Overwatch, as well as of any other Blizzard game.
Uninstall Overwatch via Blizzard app
- Run Blizzard Battle.net desktop app, click on the Overwatch tab.
- Tap on the gear icon and click Uninstall Game.
Remove Overwatch manually
- Go to the Start menu and select the Control Panel. Alternatively, you can enter control panel in the search box or use the Win+X keyboard shortcut.
- Click Apps and Features.
- Find Overwatch (use search box) in a list of programs. Tap on it and choose the Uninstall option.
- Confirm the uninstallation.
- When the process is finished, it’s better to restart your computer.
Note: manual removal does not always guarantee the deletion of residuals files. To get rid of the leftovers we recommend using special uninstallers.
Delete Overwatch via 3rd-party software
To show how to uninstall Overwatch via third-party programs, we will use the most popular uninstallers: CCleaner and IObit Uninstaller. To learn more about them and their alternatives, read our 7 best uninstallers article. So, first up is CCleaner.
- Run CCleaner. Go to the Tools section and find Overwatch among installed programs. Use a search box for a quicker result.
- Tap at the Overwatch and press the Uninstall button (on the top right).
- Confirm your action by clicking the Yes button in the pop-up window.
- Once the process is over, check the previous window (above) for the residual files and delete them in the same way.
Now, with the help of IObit Uninstaller:
- Run IObit Uninstaller. Find Overwatch in the All Programs tab and tick the checkbox near it. Once the Uninstall button turns green, click it.
- Confirm the action and wait. Usually, the removal process takes no more than 30 seconds.
Important: When the removal process is over, follow the IObit instruction to get rid of the residual files.