Top-25 ecommerce development companies
Who would ever think that brick-and-mortar stores will be at risk of extinction? According to numerous studies, surveys and researches, about 50% of consumers make purchases online now, and many of them on a daily basis. Having built a dozen of online stores for clients, we at ThinkMobiles, agree that e-commerce is the future of retail that has already started. Classic shops will, probably, turn into a blend of online and physical stores, like Amazon Go, the first cashier-less supermarket. If you are seeking to transform your online business, this list of top-20 ecommerce development companies might be useful. We’ve looked through the best mobile and web developer agencies, which ride the wave of market trends, use the most advanced technologies, and display high creativity.
- E-commerce development
- Software development
- Testing and QA
- E-commerce development
- E-commerce consulting
- E-commerce strategy
- MVP development
- Web development
- Tech consulting
25 leading ecommerce development companies
ScienceSoft is an ecommerce consulting and development vendor continually earning businesses more customers and more sales with smart technology-powered solutions. The company is flexible to adapt an ecommerce implementation scenario to each business’ specific situation: they perform requested implementations or bring in a strong consulting attitude and design solutions from the ground up starting with the business problem investigation. They are resourced to both shoulder a large-scale project or start with an MVP and evolve the solution gradually with an agile approach.
ScienceSoft keeps on taking new heights in ecommerce services, always with one goal in mind – to help retailers invest wisely in technologies and get tangible business value with each implemented solution. For those building superior experience for their customers, the team offers excellence in advanced technologies and approaches such as headless ecommerce, voice recognition, augmented reality, artificial intelligence, and the Internet of Things.
Hourly rate: $25 – $49 / Headquarters: McKinney, TX, US / Founded: 1989 / Employees: 550+ / Contact:+12143066837
Founded in 2009, Magneto has went far ahead than its competitors. Their developers are expert in bringing your ideas to life. Magneto IT Solutions provide solutions for ecommerce website design and development and payment gateway solutions making it one of the leading company in India, USA and Middle East. Their passionate and talented teams have expertise in creating new and effective ways to make your online solutions reach new heights. Magneto IT Solutions have delivered 250+ eCommerce stores in different business domains and countries like UAE, USA, UK, Canada & Australia based on client’s store implementation. The firm has worked for web developmentacross the world in 20+ countries. With more than 650 completed projects and 70% repeat business, the company have an exceptional success record.
Hourly rate: $15/ Headquarters: India, USA, Bahrain / Founded: 2009 / Employees: 100/ Contact: +1 214 447 0720 , +91-8141301021
Ezetech is a dev shop helping non-technical entrepreneurs minimize time to product/market fit. It serves as an implementation partner taking care of the technical aspects, so that eCommerce Startup founders can shift their focus to strategy, marketing and business development.
The scope of their services covers initial planning and product scoping, software architecture, compliance, digital strategy, developing MVPs, further product development (iteration), and maintenance.
While their team has deep expertise in a broad range of technologies that include Node, React, React Native, Swift, Objective-C, they are nonetheless focused on a given client’s business case, developing the most practical ecommerce solutions that most directly address the problems they face.
Hourly rate: $25 – $49 / Headquarters: New York, US / Founded: 2015 / Employees: 35 / Contact:855-323-3722
As an company who is ever striving for perfection in everything they do, Netcore Agency has proven themselves to be masters when it comes to providing fully custom scalable solutions to their ecommerce clients. From planning to designing and developing, everything is done with consideration in order to guarantee their clients success or further boosting their sales as they’re offering several useful additional tools meant for analytics, inventory management, content customization, SEO and marketing tools as well as continuous support.
Hourly rate: $45- $70 / Headquarters: Riga, LV / Founded: 2013 / Employees: 21 / Contact: +37127444771
Rave Infosys is a place, where you can get end-to-end ecommerce solutions. Either you work as B2B or B2C, your business can expect the qualitative sales growth (up to 76%) due to high-level development of both mobile and web products and ecommerce tools implementations – more than 130 3rd party integrations, multi-channel shopping cart, responsive and mCommerce ready websites, integration with CRM/ERP, social sales and inventory management software. There is no place for doubts or worries – you work with developers, certified by Magento, Salesforce, Google AdWords/Analytics and Bing, Microsoft, Zend and Java. “They understood our business and not just the technology that supports it” – is simply a random comment from a random client, which accurately describe the company’s approach in work.
Hourly rate: $50 – $99 / Headquarters: Coral Springs, FL, US, / Founded: 2006 / Employees: 93 / Contact: +18669488384
Celebrating its “adulthood” this year, Brainvire already earned a name as one of the top e-Commerce developers in the world, according to Clutch. Being a part of Magento family and using this tool for ecommerce development, the company is able to build innovative, agile and automatized both web and mobile retail business. Nothing is left overboard – product catalogue, inventory, shipping and payments methods, checkout, support for multiple stores, marketing tools, traffic features and many others can be implemented into your ecommerce website or mCommerce app. And, as an additional bonus, their geographical location is easy to reach – they have offices in USA, UK, UAE, Dubai, Europe, Canada, Australia, France, Singapore and more.
Hourly rate: $25 – $49 / Headquarters: South Jordan, US / Founded: 2000/ Employees: 317 / Contact: +16318977276
IWeb began twenty-three years ago, and in IT market such long history is a true measure of success. Focusing on ecommerce development and web design, the company is engaged in delivering customized products and solutions for both B2B and B2C representatives. Partnering with Magento, iWeb is highly competent to build complex, flexible and scalable online stores in combination with advanced performance. After 4,7 month – the average time to create an ecommerce masterpiece – you will get a product, equipped with such features and tools as Business Intelligence analytics, inventory management, content management, SEO tools, cloud hosting, audits, rescues and migrations, agnostic design, etc.
Hourly rate: $150 – $199 / Headquarters: Stafford, UK / Founded: 1995 / Employees: 21 / Contact: 01785 879334
In 2017 Evince Development got pretty large global recognition – it was named by Clutch both one of top ecommerce and Magento developers. And this success even more impressive, considering it is only six years past since their entering the IT market. With more than 320 combined years of developers’ experience, Evince provides highly customized and scalable ecommerce services, solutions and products like web and mobile apps, inventory order management, SEO optimization, customer data reporting, etc.
Hourly rate: < $25 / Headquarters: New York, US / Founded: 2012 / Employees: 97 / Contact: +13157158494
Among the top ecommerce development companies, Meticulosity definitely stands out. Calling themselves a “boutique firm”, the company pays special attention to each detail during design, development and website optimization stages. Meticulosity has built over 50 extensions for ecommerce website, from payment and shipping gateways to SEO tools and social media integration. Developing on Magento gives them also options to create a fully customized product, able to show stable growth. For example, their client Trophies2Go already can see the difference after updating online store – 73% increase of conversion rate, 17,5% – revenue, up to 9% – transactions, 8% – average order value, up to 63% – average time on site.
Hourly rate: $150 – $199 / Headquarters: Ballston Lake, US/ Founded: 2008 / Employees: 42 / Contact: +15184681004
Small, but strong enough company to head the Clutch leaders matrix of top ecommerce developers. New-York based creators concentrate 100% of their resource on developing ecommerce platforms. Working with them, you will soon find out that interactive design and strong architecture are the key factors of their work. No wonder, that Neuralab portfolio includes such clients like HBO, IEEE, Procter and Gamble, Philips, TEDx, GREY, Montefiore, OTRUSA, John Wiley & Sons, and more.
Hourly rate: $100 – $149 / Headquarters: New York, US / Founded: 2007 / Employees: 14 / Contact: +1 646 583 0690
Gathered a team of artists, designers, geeks, researchers, marketers, analysts, and writers, Hudson Integrated quite easy became not only nationally recognized IT agency, but one of top ecommerce development companies in the world. Their work is based on four main stages – understand, strategize, execute, react. With the user-focused approach, Hudson Integrated knows the sense in a truly customised product – individual ecommerce website design, easy product management, custom integrations, control over back-end, custom development.
Hourly rate: $150 – $199 / Headquarters: Morristown, US / Founded: 2003 / Employees: 17 / Contact: +12018458700
The main goal of Dotlogics, as an ecommerce development company, is to make a visitor to stay longer on your website and end this visit by making a purchase. Beginning as a web designing firm, now they are capable to supplement each product with an advanced, responsive and scalable design. Like many others, Dotlogics mostly builds on Magento but also works with Zen Cart, Prestashop, WooCommerce and oscommerce. As a result, their clients get customized ecommerce websites and mobile apps, based on clear revenue generation strategy.
Hourly rate: $100 – $149/ Headquarters: East Northport, NY, US/ Founded: 2003/ Employees: 21 / Contact: +18889569569
Many of Absolute Web Services clients declare that it was a privilege to work with this company. As one of top ecommerce development companies, Absolute Web Services tries to build a maximum customised product with scalable and up-to-date design, which has potential to increase sales and page conversion. Certificated experts and partners of Magento, Google, WooCommerce and Shopify, the company’s developers provide such ecommerce solutions as platform migration, performance optimization, customer segmentation, omnichannel strategy, DevOps and cloud hosting, API/integrations and so on. Absolute Web Services is also offering content production services – video production and photography – to successfully fulfil marketing goals.
Hourly rate: $100 – $149 / Headquarters: Miami, FL / Founded: 1999 / Employees: 50 / Contact: +13059372526
Juggling with hundreds of technologies, Forix was capable to build its own working ecosystem with a multidisciplinary team of highly-qualified developers. Being on the market for only one decade, the company already launched more than 700 websites, most of which were online shops. They develop on Magento 2 and use its integration options (ERP, CRM, PIM and marketing) in conjunction with award-winning design to provide the customized solutions for middle-size business. Due to conversion optimization, customer behaviour analysis, intuitive user experience and many other features, most Forix clients have reported about an increase in both retail revenue and mobile conversion.
Hourly rate: $100 – $149/ Headquarters: Portland, US / Founded: 2007 / Employees: 69 / Contact: +18008182361
Award-winning ecommerce development agency, which delivers solutions for both B2B and B2C companies. Most of 350 online stores, they successfully launched for eight years, were built on Magento, however, they also actively use Shopify, WordPress and Drupal. Among their notable clients, there are Warby Parker, USA Today, Sugarpova by Maria Sharapova, Living Proof, Junior’s Cheesecake, Yummie by Heather Thompson, Nobel Biocare, Citarella, Topps, Glassful and others. What remarkable in Pixafy work is their complex approach. Your online store will be equipped with conversion optimization tools, behaviour analysis, responsive design, cloud computing, shopping cart software, and other ecommerce components.
Headquarters: New York, US/ Founded: 2010/ Employees: 21/ Contact: +12125967404
Oriented on a middle size business, BTown Web became a great domestic-market assistance in promotion of online shops. Preferably working on Shopify and WooCommerce, IT agency is specialised in ecommerce web design, digital strategy, web development, landing page design, PPC management, mobile design and marketplace development. BTown Web also initiated eCommerce Growth Group, the main mission of which to popularize the knowledge about content marketing, paid advertisement, SEO tools and other features that help to increase online sales.
Hourly rate: $150 – $199 / Headquarters: Burien, WA/ Founded: 2007 / Employees: 6 / Contact: +12064195107
If you are looking not only for a multifunctional ecommerce website but also for creative design and content, Avex Designs is what you need. Being in the market only for five years, the company already gained recognition among clients and competitors and is listed by Clutch as one of the top ecommerce development companies. The company’s core goal is creating “intuitive and usable websites and apps”, which will help to popularise a brand mark, increase conversion rates, sales and revenue. Avex Designs is specialized in Shopify and Shopify Plus, Magento, WooCommerce, custom ecommerce solutions, ecommerce apps, platform migrations, in-store activations, inventory management, etc.
Hourly rate: $100 – $149/ Headquarters: New York, US / Founded: 2013 / Employees: 5 / Contact: +16469821574
It’s time to meet one of the biggest European and one of the global best ecommerce development companies. Based in Poland, Divante for ten years has delivered various ecommerce solutions for more than 100 clients across the world. Each of 300+ launched projects has a vital set of features to boost the online sales and expand the client base. As a proof, look at these results. Odlo, one of the biggest fashion company in Europe, reported about 47% increase of transactions, and 46% in revenue and the online store of electro-technical goods distributor TIM shows 78% growth in sales, first time ever reaching the revenue in €100 mln.
Hourly rate: $50 – $99 / Headquarters: Wroclaw, Poland / Founded:2008 / Employees: 129 / Contact: +48516184153
Last year Curotec was named as a top 15 Global Leader in e-commerce development by Clutch. Do you agree, it says a lot about the company, its approach to work and a quality of services. Their core idea and mission in development of ecommerce systems is to make it as much agile as it possible. As a result, clients get the products, which are adaptive to market changes, able for a quick response, and further evolve. On a par with e-commerce development, Curotec also provides services in web design, web application development and mobile application development.
Hourly rate: $100 – $149/ Headquarters: Conshohocken, US / Founded: 2010 / Employees: 7/ Contact: +16104506599
“Ecommerce is in our DNA” – says one of the top ecommerce development companies in the world. Krish Technologies provides end-to-end ecommerce solutions, including custom store design and development, system integration (ERP, CRM, POS, order management), mobile store and app development, marketing strategy and usability audit, responsive design, landing page design, and many more. The company already developed over 300 Magento projects for B2C and B2B clients like Visione Boutique, Basharacare, Prolighting, XFactory, Mayvillage, MyBinding, Sky, The Ambassador, Gemperles, CarVam, Diakart, Wholesalers USA, Wazoodle Fabrics, Teamwear, Rockline Dropship, The Office Outlet.
Headquarters: Walnut, US / Founded: 2003 / Employees: 175/ Contact: +12482751202
Unified Infotech is a high-technology company. Established in 2010, Unified Infotech became a trusted web, mobile app and ecommerce development company with hundreds of successful projects delivered. They build splendid ecommerce applications that add real value to businesses, improves ROI, boosts store engagement and increases brand exposure. Unified Infotech offers such services:
- Magento development
- WooCommerce development
- WordPress development
- Prestashop development
- OpenCart development
Unified Infotech exists more than a decade in the business and had already gained team of over 100 global digital experts, delivered more than 1500 solutions and helped their clients to raise over $30M
Hourly rate: $25 – $49 / Headquarters: New York, US / Founded: 2010 / Employees: 50 – 249 / Contact:+1 800-820-9286
Commerce Pundit is e-commerce company with over 10 years of experience. The team aims in e-commerce, design, development and marketing solutions. Started its way in 2009 today Commerce Pundit has over 550 finished projects in its portfolio and over 250 talented team members.
Also, the company offers: WordPress Solutions, Drupal Solutions, Laravel Solutions, Web Design. The company specializes in Magento e-commerce cases and has more than 9 Magento certificates. In 10 years the company has delivered more than 103 Magento projects.
Hourly rate: $25 – $49 / Headquarters: Lawrenceville, US / Founded: 2009 / Employees: >250 / Contact: +16784442112
Flexi IT is specializing in website design and web application development for established businesses and startups. Company was founded in 2014 in Ukraine, Zaporozhye. They build an easy-to-use service that can support your business in any phase of development, from early concept work on your project to implementation, technical support, and continued online promotion via SEO, SMM and PPC.
They offer such services:
- Online shops development
- Ecommerce solutions integration
- Shopping cart integration
The company may help to create an effective channel for online sales utilizing the following technologies: WordPress, OpenCart and osCommerce.
Hourly rate: $25 – $49 / Headquarters: Zaporizhzhia , UA/ Founded: 2014 / Employees: 10 – 49 / Contact: +1 888-228-8052
Dev Technosys is a certified web and mobile app development company. They commenced in 2010 and have more than 9 years of experience. The company continually delivers modern technology solutions that strengthened enterprise`s technical infrastructure and helped them to lead in their business domain.
The company offers such services:
- E-commerce solution architecture
- Magento web development
- Magento enterprise development
- Magento migration
- eWallet development
Dev Technosys work in such industries: real estate, on-demand, healthcare, event & tickets, travel & tours, ecommerce & retail. The company has 5 representative offices, 100+ team members, 450+ clients and 950+ app deliver.
Hourly rate: < $25 / Headquarters: Commerce, US / Founded: 2010 / Employees: 50 – 249 / Contact: 415-992-5493
Magebit is Riga end-to-end certified e-commerce agency which was established in 2013. Today the company specializes in the Magento and Magento 2 platforms. Also, the team has more than 22 Magento certificates.
The company has great portfolio and also customers from more than 23 countries including the US, UK, Canada, Japan, and Australia. Also, Magebit presents in Riga, NY City, and London.
The team offers:
- Development & Support
- Performance Improvement
- Digital Marketing
The team comprises over 41 professional engineers, managers, leaders, and other specialists. Magebit company has Google and Amazon as analytics and service partners.
Hourly rate: $50 – $99 / Headquarters: Riga, Latvia / Founded: 2012 / Employees: 50 – 249 / Contact: +37127482923
What is e-commerce development company?
E-commerce development company is a custom-orientated design and development company which provides different e-commerce solutions. Such end-products include:
- e-commerce mobile apps
- shopping carts
- website e-commerce design
- payment gateway integration
- internet banking
- online ticketing and reservations
- email marketing, PPC, marketplace management
How does e-commerce development company work?
To develop and deliver quality e-commerce projects for customers, development companies typically follow the next process:
- Client Brief. First stage aims to discover and research. The company finds out about client’s view of the future project, main goals, purpose, and shall agree upon main features and solutions for the project.
- Planning. On the second stage start the process of creation further action plan and also sitemap which includes all customer wishes. Sitemap is needed to see “the connection” between different parts of the process and to decide what should be amended for better result.
- Design. This stage of development process includes the creation of all visual parts of the future website. After design stage is done the customer should to confirm it or to amend it.
- Content Writing. On this stage team edit text, write headlines, write site description and main product information. All content materials should be approved before the coding.
- Coding and development. All the previous work is used to program an actual web store, marketplace, or other type of e-commerce website, via frameworks, CMS, coding platforms and search engine optimization tools.
- Testing and Launch. When the e-commerce product is ready, the team carries out quality assurance and only then a site can be published.
- Maintenance. It’s not enough to just launch the site, because any website requires maintenance all the way. It implies a constant check, support and regular updates.
E-commerce development company value for business
There are several valid reasons why you need e-commerce solution for your business and how e-commerce development company can help your business to grow up:
- Professional development, as well as the speed of work. It all depends on the complexity of client requests, platform, scope of work, the size of the future website, final purpose, etc. Strong e-commerce company can deliver a typical website in 14 weeks from beginning to launch.
- UI/UX and creativity. While creating a platform for your business the team usually may offer great design ideas regarding shopping cart, templates, images, price calculator, user registration/login, user flow from shopping cart till purchase, etc. UI teams specializing in brand recognition ensure quality content for websites and across all other digital platforms.
- Payment integration. E-commerce development companies can help with payment gateway integration, e.g. PayPal – the most common payment method for e-commerce today with over 254 million users, or Google Pay with 25 million monthly active users, Apple Pay with over 38 million users.
- SEO & marketing. Customers may also rely on e-commerce developers to improve store visibility, sales and traffic boost and so on. With quality SEO you can attract visitors and potential buyers, increase conversion rates, while marketing teams are there to help with brand recognition, graphic and web design that drives customers to purchase.
- Technical ongoing support. After the launch, a website will need regular updates, bug fixing, troubleshooting, further enhancements, etc., and expert e-commerce development company should be able to deliver it.
Which industries use e-commerce solutions?
- Fashion and apparel industry ($545 billion). A significant feature of e-commerce websites for fashion brands are lookbooks which is aimed to get a better view of the product. Usually lookbook includes several pictures of a certain product from different sides to show all its benefits. Also the majority of lookbooks has a built-in cost mechanism for customers, to see the price for each item. The most esteemed examples: “Zalando”, “Asos”, “Next”, “Forever 21”;
- Beauty industry ($5 billion). There are a lot of e-commerce beauty websites such as “Luxyhair”, “Birchbox”, “Morphe Brushes”. Wish-list for beauty e-commerce websites is a trend of 2019. Wish-list is an effective tool for sellers to alert clients about a sale and also to find out customers’ tastes and preferences to offer them the similar goods. Developers usually integrate the wish-list feature to increase website sales.
- Automotive industry ($12 billion). For automotive e-commerce websites developers offer such feature as a CMS that helps to optimize and automate the processes of shipping, ordering and inventory management. It’s helpful due to the high selling rate of automobiles. Famous worldwide auto brands which have e-commerce websites: “GM”, “Ford”, “Hyundai”;
- Electronics industry ($72,4 billion). Electronics websites already benefited from such e-commerce solution as an Order Management System which gives the opportunity to track current orders, look through past order and payment history. The most famous electronics e-commerce websites: “Skullcandy”, “eBay”, “Sharp”;
- Travel market ($755 billion). Developers recommend to add on the website such option as a calendar which automatically shows ticket availability and their prices with the opportunity to choose return ticket. “Transavia”, “Sina”, “Adrenalin” are just few examples.
- Furniture and decor. Developers created quite an useful option as Return Merchandise Authorization that makes the process of returning and exchanging a product easier and gives the opportunity to receive a refund or repair during its warranty period. The most recognizable examples: “Clinton”, “Furlenco”, “Rentmacha”.
Development company VS developer
Usually an individual developer is a narrowly qualified specialist which can’t provide all range of services and you might have to hire several freelancers to finish different parts of the job. On the opposite side, a development company has a team of employees that are experts in diverse fields, as well as designers, testers and project managers.
Experience and proven skills play a huge role too, if you want to get a top-quality product. Commonly, freelance developers are less experienced than companies, which usually have many years on the market, good portfolio, real cases and clients.
Communication with freelance developers is more often worse, than with e-commerce development companies with strict policies and procedures. A company stays always in touch, unlike an individual freelancer who may not be that interested in ongoing support afterwards.
On the other hand, services provided by individual e-commerce developers are more affordable compared to professional companies. The price can start from $30 – $50 per hour or $2,000 for the whole project, and yet it may vary based on experience, skills, location, etc.
A typical cost rate for freelance developers and designers is:
- junior level: $30-50 per hour;
- middle level: $50-100 per hour;
- senior level: $100+ per hour.
Obviously, the development process with 1 or 2 developers takes more time compared to a hired development team who all work on a project at the same time and on schedule.
How do I choose the best e-commerce development company?
In order to choose the most suitable e-commerce development company, we recommend you to ask your potential partner about:
- What services does the e-commerce development company offer?
Usually the development team offers a range of services which can include: e-commerce consulting, web and mobile development solutions, design, testing, custom e-commerce solutions. Also, the company can offer app development for different e-commerce platforms as Magento, Shopify, PrestaShop, OpenCart, WordPress, etc.
- How experienced is your team and employees?
- How much do you charge for your services? How much does it cost to hire?
Every service has its own price, which depends on its quantity, quality and the required result. The price ranges from $500 – $1,000,000 and totally depends on the complexity and specifications of the project. Some companies offer calculators on their websites where you can count the approximate price of the final product and decide if this company suits to your budget. The average hourly rate is $50 – $125 per hour. For more detailed information, see the paragraph below about cost rates.
- How long does it take to create an online store?
To count how much time will it take to create an e-commerce website you should take into consideration following steps:
- Client Brief – from 1 to 2 weeks;
- Planning – from 2 to 6 weeks;
- Design stage – from 4 to 12 weeks;
- Content – from 5 to 15 weeks;
- Coding and development – from 6 to 15 weeks;
- Testing and launch – from 2 to 4 weeks;
- Maintenance – ongoing.
All in all, launching an online store can take from 20 weeks to a year and a half.
- Do you have any draft estimation, demo or trial period?
Every project is unique, with unique design, structure and features, that’s why company should provide you with a draft estimation in which company should explain the cost of the services or set the approximate price for the project. Some development companies offer to their potential clients demo or trial period from 14 days to a month. It’s free and it’s a great possibility to learn about the company’s approach to work before hiring it.
- Check out their past best projects portfolio and clients
Look through the past projects, the quality of products, pros and cons of already delivered e-commerce solutions. It’s the easiest and one of the most effective ways to know the company and decide if you want to collaborate with it. Also ask about projects the company is proud of and about their famous clients.
- Ask to show you their certificates
Every high-quality company should have certificates which confirm their competence in development. The most common is Magento Certification which includes:
- Magento Solution Specialist Certificate;
- Magento Front-End Developer Certificate;
- Magento Certified Developer Certificate;
- Magento Certified Developer Plus Certificate.
Also the company is highly respected if its employees have Shopify Certificates, BigCommerce Certificates, 3Dcart Certificates etc. It is very valuable if the company was awarded. Here are the most prestigious and famous e-commerce development awards:
- E-commerce Awards;
- Shopify Commerce Award;
- UK Ecommerce Awards;
- Excellence Awards;
- CSS Design Awards.
- Are there any recommendations and referrals about the company?
Ask your relatives, friends or people on forums/networks if they know about this company, what they heard about it and what their impression of cooperation with it. According to statistics, 92% of clients trust a referral from people they know.
- Reviews, feedbacks and ratings
Read reviews and feedbacks not only on the company’s website but also on various forums and social networks. Also pay attention to the ratings in which company is mentioned.
- Compatibility, affordability
It’s important to be on the same page with your potential partner company. During conversations and meetings make sure that development team clearly understands the idea and agrees with you on main points.
- How much does an e-commerce website cost to launch?
The price of an e-commerce website (online store) could vary from 5 thousand dollars to 5 million, depending on development company, level of customization, scope of the project, etc. But what exactly determines the price of the product? There are 5 main blocks which directly affect the final price: design, functionality, data importation, marketing and SEO, integration and company selection. So how much does it cost?
The price range can be extreme, from $500 to $10,000,000 for one item:
- Design: from $5,000 (Small business) to $350,000 (Big enterprise).
For example: Logo design may cost about $500; Banner design may cost about $350; Brand book development may cost about $1,000; Promotional materials design may cost about $500.
- Programming: from $2,000 (Small business) to $750,000 (Big enterprise).
The price may vary depending on the number of pages: 1 – 10 pages may cost $1,000-2,000; 10 – 50 pages may cost $1,000-2,000; 50 – 150 pages may cost $3,000-6,500; 150 – 250 pages may cost $6,500-10,000; the cost for 250+ pages starts from $10,000.
Price for the number of listed products:
- 1 – 99 products may cost $10,000-11,000;
- 100 – 499 products may cost $13,000-14,000;
- 500 – 999 products may cost $17,000-18,000;
- 1000+ products start from $19,000.
- Integrations: from 500$ (Small business) to $20,000 (Big enterprise). As an example, PayPal or Credit Card integration can cost from $2,000 to $2,200.
- Data Importation: from $2,000 (Small business) to $10,000 (Big enterprise). Price for database integration can vary from $2,000- 4,000 for basic, about $4,000-10,000 for advanced and within $10,000-25,000 for full development.
- Hosting (annually): from 500$ (Small business) to $10,000 (Big enterprise).
- SEO (annually): from $24,000 (Small business) to $200,000 (Big enterprise). Usually the price depends on quantity of keywords, products and categories, link building, on-page optimization etc.
- Integration of inventory management system price starts from $2,000 to $15,000.
In total, the cost of an e-commerce project, depending on type, scope or market niche, could fluctuate on average from $20,000 to $210,000.
What are the types of e-commerce websites?
There are several different types of E-commerce websites that depend on the functions they perform. There are B2B, B2C, C2C, C2B, B2A, C2A types of websites. The most common:
Business to business website (B2B) provides electronic exchanges of products and services among companies. In 2018 B2B ecommerce gross transaction volume reached $7.66 trillion.
Business to customer website (B2C) provides electronic exchanges of products and services among companies and customers. According to 3dcart the average order value in B2C is $52.
Customer to customer website (C2C) provides electronic exchanges of products and services among consumers (eBay – net revenue in 2018 about $10.7 billion, Etsy – about $603.7 million, Amazon – net revenue about $232.88 billion).
Customer to business website (C2B) provides electronic exchanges of products and services among consumers and business (Survey Monkey – 16 million active users).
Does an e-commerce website need a mobile app?
According to statistics, 61% of users will not use the application for more than a month and only 22% of users will continue to use it for more than three months.
On the other hand, the number of online shoppers increases every year and till the end of 2019 it will reach 200 million of people in the USA only. By the end of 2020 the number of worldwide online shoppers will go up to 2.87 billion. While mobile e-commerce will be easier, safer and more trusted by consumers in 2020 so we recommend to pay attention to this new trend.
So, the answer is yes, you need a mobile app. But approach mobile app development mindfully.
What are the benefits of mobile apps for an online store?
- Push notifications. The main advantage of E-commerce app is the ability to send notification directly to the user’s smartphone. Users will more willingly react to the mobile announcement than to notification in their mailbox.
- Speed. There is a higher possibility that users will react on time to valuable announcements (for example, about sales or special offers). As app notifications come directly to the user’s phone and are checked more often than letters in mailbox.
- Open Rate. Users open mobile app notifications twice more often than letters in the mailbox.
- Branding. The mobile app is an ambassador of your business. With the usage of specific color palette, unique logo and features your business will be more recognizable and memorable to customers.
- Productivity growth. On average, effective application increases productivity and selling rate by 20 – 40%.
- Cost reduction. Availability of mobile application can also reduce your marketing and advertising costs by 30 – 50% via direct communication with customers and the ability to use social channels integrated in app to disseminate information on the internet.
Benefits for customers:
- 63% of customers believe that mobile app is more comfortable;
- 57% of buyers think that it’s faster to purchase a product via mobile app rather website;
- 31% of customers like features in e-commerce applications: simple registration process, push notifications, finger touch control, offline capabilities.
What are the top e-commerce development trends today?
- Mobile e-commerce will be growing. The majority of buyers confirm that it’s easier to use mobile phone for shopping rather than laptops. Today mobile e-commerce delivers 22 percent of total digital commerce income. And also it will be possible to improve SEO with mobile optimization as Google recently went for mobile-first indexing.
- Advanced Product Filtering became more customer-oriented with such feature as filter by the discount. Moreover, to make website more user-friendly and effective you should place popular filters at the top of the list.
- Voice Search. It is expected that the search will be more productive which means that voice search request can be more detailed and faster. According to statistics human can pronounce 140 words in a minute while typing only 40 words.
- Social Selling. More and more social networking services provide company’s owners with the opportunity to develop their business. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook have already introduced “buy” buttons and product pages. Today brands try to connect their sales to the account in social media. It will significantly increase the possibility of product purchase if a buyer won’t need to leave an app.
- Mobile Payments. There is a high probability that as soon as 2020 mobile payments will be the prime payment method for online purchases. In this case social networking services will be connected to such mobile payment services as Apple Pay and PayPal.
Feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to place your company here.