ThinkMobiles is one of most trusted companies conducting IT & software reviews since 2011. Our mission is to provide best reviews, analysis, user feedback and vendor profiles. Learn more about our methodology and review process.
25 best web development companies list
8.2 seconds were enough to fall in love. But you have only 3 seconds to show the visitors that your website is exactly what they were looking for. Otherwise, they will have gone and never come back…unless only your site is in Google’s top favorites.
Today’s consumers are already used to interesting design and couple-two popular features. They want to interact with a website at all possible levels. That is why web development still continues to grow and increase, bringing new and new solutions. And many are wondering – what are the best web development companies around?
And don’t forget, website building is just a top of the “web development” iceberg. Web applications, web engineering, web design, enterprise web platforms for intranet are just another few options for web production. Scrolling the list of companies given below, you will find the top web developer companies, which can provide the aforementioned web services, as well as other innovative and sometimes even unexpected.
A web development company that provides services in website deployment, AI, cloud solutions, staff augmentation. Web Peppers was founded in 2013 in Kyiv, Ukraine and has an extra office in Göd, Hungary. The company cooperates with clients of any size, and has already implemented over 20 projects in 2019 alone.
The company is mainly specializing in Drupal and Symfony development. Considering Drupal, their team provides such services as Drupal migration, Drupal optimization, Drupal module development, e-commerce development. Also, Web Peppers team possesses expertise in such programming languages as C#, PHP, Python, and such frameworks as Node.js, React,js, Angular.js.
HQ: Kyiv, Ukraine / Founded: 2013 / Employees: 50+ / Contact: +38 066 555 4048
While more than a half of company’s resources focused on web development, the other fields of interest are web design and theming, web management, progressive web apps, mobile development, eCommerce, digital strategy, and web hosting. In 2014 they launched the Woosting services – the combination of web development and web hosting to maintain the best web presence for their clients.
Unleashed Technologies builds on Drupal, WordPress, Magento, Symfony and provides help in content strategy, website audits, third-party integrations, application development, custom workflow implementation, CMS migration, module customization, performance optimization, support and maintenance.
They actively use the Drupal platform for systems integration the websites with such services as CRMs (Sugar, Salesforce.com, Raiser’s Edge), CRMs, Enterprise Resource Planning systems (Microsoft Dynamics), AMS (iMIS, IMPak), email marketing applications (MailChimp, Constant Contact, Vertical Response), Donor management systems, and more.
HQ: Columbia, USA / Founded: 2007 / Employees: 35 / Contact: +14108648980
A team of 85 hard-working software engineers from Estonia’s capital, Tallinn, that continues the expance from web and mobile development into AR/VR, Internet of Things, artificial intelligence, and more. They promise to produce a draft/prototype of client project in 5 days. Top-tier clients like BBC, UN, Skoda, Canon, HTC, Honda, etc. point towards a real talent.
HQ: Tallinn, Estonia / Founded: 2001 / Employees: 85 / Contact: +3727120022
A full-stack team of 150+ professionals building complex software products for clients worldwide. Founded in 1999, the company has a collaboration history with big global companies such as Toshiba, Volkswagen, GS1, The Independent, and HSBC as well as successfully scaled startups like Sendinblue, Burrow and Moneyfarm, a Y Combinator investment.
HQ: Poznań, Poland / Founded: 1999 / Employees: 150 / Contact: +48570001928
PopArt Studio is a web design and web development company, headquartered in Novi Sad, Serbia, and offices in Germany and New Zealand. Since 2009, the agency has already successfully completed over 9,000 projects for 7,600 clients worldwide, such as Pepsi, Nike, Schneider, Lidl, Opel, Schwarzkopf, to name a few.
HQ: Novi Sad, Serbia / Founded: 2009 / Employees: 23 / Contact: +381212553649 /
With the reputation of one of the global leading software companies, Itransition provides services in custom software development, software product prototyping and development, enterprise application integration, IT strategy and consulting, application security, software testing & QA, maintenance and support, DevOps.
Companies as big as Xerox, Toyota, eBay, PayPal, Adidas, Shell, IBM, Citibank, Telekom Austria Group, Kaspersky Lab, United Nations, receive solutions for digital enterprise (data management, business process management, Big Data & analytics, infrastructure management, business intelligence) and digital engagement (social technology, customer experience and engagement, productivity, digital content, omnichannel commerce).
Itransition uses such technologies as Drupal, WordPress, Joomla, .NET, Microsoft SharePoint, Java, Python, Magneto, Shopify, PHP, C++, Zencart, VirueMart and more to build feature-rich responsive web products, both custom and platform-based. The range of possible digital solutions is quite wide starting from simple websites to complex enterprise platforms, e-learning applications, domain-specific solutions integrated with the existing assets or third-party web services.
HQ: Lakewood, Colorado, USA/ Founded: 1998 / Employees: 1005 / Contact: +17202072820
Digital Echidna is mainly engaged in web development with focus on content marketing, sales support and content management. Working with non-profit and government organizations, they also provide web solutions for healthcare, marketing and small business market niche. “COPE – Create Once, Publish Everywhere” – is a company’s philosophy, which means their client will get fully responsive web product with the widest-audience possible due to Echidna online accessibility services.
Open-source content management system Drupal is the main technology used by Digital Echidna’s developer’s, with which they can create websites with extensive accessibility integration, faster performance, a mobile-first focus, multilingual capabilities, third-party integration.
HQ: Ontario, Canada / Founded: 2002 / Employees: 61 / Contact: +15198589604
Raizlabs, a Rightpoint company, besides offering the services of web development also works on mobile app development, Amazon Echo app development, iOS app and API development, product strategy, responsive web design, Google design sprints, AR and VR solutions.
The company is specialized in front-end development, building backend infrastructure, API design and development, and strategy consulting. Web solutions are build by using such technologies as Ruby on Rails, Node.js, React, Ember.js, AWS, PostgreSQL/ MySQL, MongoDB and Firebase. Their web products are scalable, contain SEO tools, push notification servers, and employee-facing administration panels.
HQ: Boston, USA / Founded: 2003 / Employees: 76 / Contact: +16173839007
Web development enthusiasts, Intuz is specialized in providing “next-generation” digital services, especially for the big enterprises. The company’s web solutions help to increase productivity by improving and digital transforming the whole business experience. They deploy web products for ERP, CRM, Booking Management, Stock Management, Location Tracking, Bug Tracking, Marketing & Promotion, HRMS, Accounts Management, and other needs and goals.
Intuz web solutions help to reach the new level of process automation and workflow management, expand online audience by implementation of eCommerce tools, increase sales by better interaction with clients, improve the mobility, agility by evolving Amazon cloud platform. The clients also get ability of re-engineering, integration and migration of already existing web applications, solutions, software, products.
HQ: Sunnyvale, USA / Founded: 2008 / Employees: 83 / Contact: +16504511499
Mainly occupied in web development, iTechArt doesn’t neglect other IT spheres like mobile development, Big Data, QA & Testing, and DevOps.Their web products are marked with robust backends and catching UIs. The company can build powerful complex websites and internal portals, single page applications or feature-rich SaaS solutions.
The developers use Angular, React.JS, Ember.JS, Bootstrap and Backbone to provide easy-to-use, fast, secure, dynamic and personalized frontend. Building on Python (Django, Flask, Pyramid, Zope), Node.js (Express, Meteor, Koa and Sails frameworks), Ruby on Rails, PHP (Larvel, Symfony, CakePHP), Java and .NET makes it possible to create high-performance, full-packed website.
HQ: New York, USA / Founded: 2002 / Employees: 672 / Contact: +17183745043
It should be said that besides web development, Appster claims to be experts in such services as Blockchain, AI and machine learning, AR and VR, wearable devices, UI/UX design, IoT app development Smart TV, enterprise mobile apps. In their work the company pays special attention to build fast, optimised and responsive websites.
Since Appster is mainly oriented on enterprise websites, the conversion rates, brand positioning and traffic are some of the key factors in web development. The company creates websites, which can track various statistics metrics, ensure high speed of performance, have a range of marketing tools to increase sales, provide cross-platform accessibility, with flexible and manageable content due to the CMS.
HQ: San Francisco, USA / Founded:2011 / Employees: 432 / Contact: +1844 277 7837
After almost two decades on the market, Radixweb has expand from basic websites building to providing such services as custom software development, software product development, web and desktop application development, cloud consulting and computing, application modernization, enterprise mobility and embedded software development.
Radixweb web development process consists of technology consulting, prototype development, custom development (creating user-friendly interface), services integration (MS CRM, SalesForce, QuickBooks etc.), testing and QA (Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, End-to-End Testing, GUI Testing, Regression Testing), support and maintenance. PHP, .NEt, Java, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento, HTML5, Angular.JS, Code Igniter are the main technologies used by company in web development.
HQ: Ahmedabad, India / Founded: 2000 / Employees: 349 / Contact: +16468016885
WDI is an award-winning, ISO certified expert Web Development company in India with years of experience of delivering 1000’s of websites for businesses globally. They have a 360-degree approach for your project that starts by understanding your requirements, your audience and your business objectives/goals.
They identify the right development tools and technologies, create a project plan, make a schedule and deliver on time. They transform and innovate using today’s powerful technologies. They thrive on processes and passion to be rated as one of the best web development companies.
Their Websites are fast, robust, secure and scalable. They have acquired clients across the globe because of their reputation. This reputation is reflected in the development of a wide range of quality and reliable websites and apps.
HQ: Mumbai, India / Founded: 2001 / Employees: 49 / Contact: +19703725959
Working only with one platform, Jordan Crown became one of the best a high-end WordPress design and development company. Due to WordPress, their clients get powerful, search engine-friendly, robust, easy manageable website.
Alongside these, the company provides its clients with responsive web design (wireframes & mockups/ improved search rankings/ efficient designs/simple navigation/ custom layouts and features/ infographics) and digital strategy services (user engagement/ conversion tracking/ landing page architecture/ content audit/etc).
Jordan Crown custom websites have transparent site administration, plugins to integrate with analytics and social services, responsive templates, personalized features, e-Commerce solutions (simple payment systems,easy-to-manage inventory, improved order processing) and SEO tools.
HQ: Everett, USA / Founded:2006 / Employees:9 / Contact: +14252682718
Starting as a classical web development company, now 10Clouds offers its services in app development (iOS, Android, React Native), product design (UI/UX, web & mobile interface design, Google design sprint, motion design), blockchain, machine learning (deep neural networks, natural language processing), IoT solutions (Apple: Watch, Pay and HealthKit, Android Things, Android Wear, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Beacons).
HQ: Warsaw, Poland / Founded: 2009/ Employees:112 / Contact: +48575909903
Urban Insight, web development focused company, is specialized in delivering simple, flexible and well design web solutions. Using only two content management systems (Drupal and WordPress), the company is able to work on custom web development. Though adding mobile app development, WCAG planning, support subscriptions, hosting, editorial support. Responsive design, interactive and intuitive interfaces, usability are the key elements of web development by Urban Insight.
HQ: Los Angeles, USA / Founded: 1997 / Employees: 14 / Contact: +12137922000
Orientated on the e-learning, marketing automation, eCommerce, real estate, finance, etc. SumatoSoft is developing web, mobile and IoT solutions. Depending on the size of business or clients needs, the company can build enterprise web application (ERP, CRM, HRM, automated billing, payment systems), startup or B2B/B2C solutions. SumatoSoft makes customized, fully controllable web products, with cloud-based architecture. Ruby on Rails, HTML5, Angular.JS, React, MySQL, MongoDB, Bootstrap, Amazon Web Services are technologies they use.
HQ: Minsk, Belarus / Founded: 2012 / Employees: 53 / Contact: +375296255178
As a full-service development company, Mobikasa offers services of production scalable websites, target on increasing traffic and profitability. Their specialists also work on creating innovative apps and eCommerce platforms, using Magento, Shopify, Bigcommerce, Prestashop.
As for web development technologies, Mobikasa experts prefer to build on PHP, WordPress, Drupal, Ruby on Rails, .Net, SiteCore and Java. All these help to create responsive, scalable web products with custom CMS, payments, etc. With the focus on brand recognition, the company produces custom wireframes, original logos, interactive UIs.
HQ: New York, USA / Founded: 2010 / Employees: 157 / Contact: +16468804504
Somewhat unconventional web development company, primarily offering their own product – Weblium, a free DIY website builder. Yet, not everyone is going to be capable of doing it or have enough time, so Weblium team also provides custom website launch services at a fraction of cost. You can count on web expertise, guides, templates and support.
Harnessing 15 years of experience and leading technologies used by Facebook, Instagram, Airbnb, Netflix, Weblium engineers guide clients from initial idea, to ready website and revisions. They assign a personal manager for each project, and are ready to deliver website prototypes, cooding, custom design, SEO and analytics. As for website builder, it utilizes AI, it is cross-platform and friendly to search engines.
HQ: Fort Lauderdale, USA / Founded: 2016 / Employees: 50 / Contact: +14154498696
As for third-party integration, clients can choose between already existing 3rd party APIs. For social media: Facebook, Twitter, and for payment options – Paypal, Stripe, Braintree. For geo services – Foursquare, Google Maps/Places, Yahoo Local, Yelp, as business tools – Zendesk, Pivotal Tracker, etc.
HQ: Krakow, Poland / Founded: 2006 / Employees: 47 / Contact: +16463974918
STX Next is a Polish end-to-end web and mobile development company that aims at delivering full-stack projects by uses knowledge and experience of over 300 talented engineers, developers and other team members. Also the team offers product design as a UI/UX and software testing. For their projects the STX Next team uses, such commonly technologies as Python, Java Script, Django, Angular and also: Flask, wisted, Jenkins.
Over the past 14 years, they have completed more than 200 projects of various sizes for over 100 customers globally. The team works with startups as with fully established businesses. They are developing both, from scratch or support the finished products.
HQ: Poznan, Poland / Founded: 2005 / Employees: 250 – 999 / Contact: +48 512 914 236
Cleveroad is a Ukrainian web and mobile app development company that specializes in delivering custom web application development services. The team consists of 140+ experts that already delivered more than 170 successful projects for the clients all over the world.
Cleveroad provides full-service web development as well as mobile development, UI/UX design and maintenance. The company works across wide varied industries and offers such services for web app as media and e-commerce expertise, big data solutions, blockchain and AWS development expertise.
The team uses the most effective web development technologies such as:
- Back-end: PHP, C+, Node JS;
- Frameworks: Express.js, Laravel, YII2, Symphony, ASP.net MVC;
- Database: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis;
- CSM: OpenCart, Joomla, WorkPress.
HQ: Dnipro, Ukraine / Founded: 2014 / Employees: 50 – 299 / Contact: +380 66 489 6889
Brainvire started its way in 2000 as a software development company. Brainvire headquartered in the USA, but the company also has several representative offices in the UK, UAE, Canada, Australia, France and more. Today the company has already done over 1500 web projects both for Fortune 500 companies and startups.
Brainvire offers a really wide range of web development services that include:
- PHP/Laravel/Symfony/Plackon/Wordpress app development
- Full-stack & MEAN stack web development
- Node.js development
- eCommerce development
Furthermore, Brainvire also specializes in such modern technologies as AI, ML, IoT, Cloud Computing, and Blockchain. As well the company cooperates with the clients from different fields such as Retail, Healthcare, Finance, Education, Logistics, Advertising and more.
HQ: Plano, US / Founded: 2000 / Employees: 250 – 999 / Contact: +1 631 897 7276
Unified Infotech is a NY based company which recognized as one of the fastest-growing tech company in 2018. The company with ten years of experience specializes in providing web solutions, mobile app development, and consulting services. As a web solutions team offers web and web app development, web design, e-commerce and custom CRM solutions.
To deliver high-quality web development products team uses, such technologies as Java, AngularJS, Node.JS, MongoDB, Laravel. Over the years, the Unified Infotech team delivered more than 1500 successfully finished projects which were created by over 200 professional web and digital developers. The company also helped clients to raise their profits on $30 million.
HQ: New York, US / Founded: 2000 / Employees: 50 – 249 / Contact: +1 800 820 9286
Absolute Web Services is a web development company established in 1999 and headquartered in Miami, USA. The company’s team counts more than 60 employees that are certificated. Besides web services, the company offers marketing, branding, UI/UX design and mobile app development services. For the notice, Absolute Web Services was featured as America’s fastest-growing private companies by Inc 500.
But as for web development, the company is capable to provide any client with front-end, back-end development, web app re-platforming, optimization and performance increase. Absolute Web Services offers web development with different frameworks such as Laravel, Node.js, Symfony, Yii2, Keystone and older frameworks such as CodeIgniter, CakePHP and so on. It’s also able to build as well as to integrate APIs of analytics, advertising, booking, weather, maps, payment processing and more.
HQ: Miami, USA / Founded: 1999 / Employees: 50 – 249 / Contact: +1 305 937 2526
What is a web development company?
It is a company that develops and codes websites for the Internet, intranet (the local network), web applications and web software. The web development company provides such services as web engineering, client-side/server-side scripting, web design, web architecture development, web content development, client liaison, and network security configuration.
Usually, web development refers to non-design aspects of constructing a website, such as writing markup and its further programming of functionality. The end products of such companies provide may range from simple text pages to comprehensive web-based applications, social network applications, e-commerce websites, and online stores, etc.
How does a web development company work?
Typically the web development process consists of such stages:
- Goal Identification. Identifying the client’s needs and website goal help in providing a perfect web solution he is looking for. Frequently the goal identifies in collaboration of development team with the client and stakeholders. At this stage is helpful to use such tools as: creative brief, target audience determination, and competitor analysis.
- Scope of work definition. For successful planning, you should define deliverables, sprints with projected timeframes and required resources, Gantt chart which will help in further project management.
- Sitemap and wireframe creation. In fact, a sitemap is an organized website structure that shows how all the pages will be connected together accordingly to the hierarchy and its importance. While wireframe is a framework where is collected website’s visual design and content elements.
- Content creation. Content engages website visitors to take action on the website. If the content is written correctly, it will also boost website visibility through the search engines (SEO).
- Development. It is a stage where designs and content approved by the client are transformed into the working website model. Usually, this stage is divided into two parts: front-end development (the process of converting data into a graphic interface which is seen by the website visitors) and backend development (which is responsible for website functionality).
- Beta testing. The team of QA engineers performs tests in order to detect bugs and other contradictions. The most effective are: compatibility, functionality, usability and performance tests.
- Deployment. Once the QA team gives final approval it is time to deploy the website to the server using FTP (File Transfer Protocol).
- Maintenance. This stage includes few post-deployment tasks as providing clients with the source code and project documentation. It also includes post-deployment support and possible changes according to the user’s feedback.
What services do web developers offer?
To develop a high-quality website or web app the team would provide you with such services:
- Back-end development is responsible for the “server-side” which focused on how the website works, mainly on its responsiveness and speed. Back-end developers should obtain expertise in such programming languages as Java, PHP, C++, C#, Python, Ruby, .NET and SQL.
- UI/UX design which is responsible for user interface and user experience design. UI and UX designers should have knowledge in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign programs and to a lesser extent HTML/CSS in order to understand the limitations of what is allowable and what is implementable.
- QA testing is a process of executing a website or web app in order to find out errors and defects. QA engineers should obtain expertise in white-box testing (API-testing, code coverage, fault injection), black-box (boundary value analysis, model-based testing, exploratory testing) grey-box testing (reverse engineering, integration testing).
Additionally, web development companies may provide such services as:
- Mobile development. The construction of mobile equivalent responsive websites for Android, iOS.
- E-commerce solutions. The development of a scalable website for the business using such technologies as Magento, Shopify, WooCommerce.
- Digital marketing services. It could be also available such services as digital marketing strategy creation, SEO optimization, PPC management, conversion rate optimization, and content marketing writing.
How much does it cost to develop a website?
The thing is that you can rarely find a web development company that will set a fixed price for the website or web app development. The price usually depends on such factors as: hourly rates, level of complexity, required features, general goal, urgency, and others.
Website development average cost rate:
- Informational website or website for small business (5-20 pages) – $2,000 – 10,000
- Corporate website (21-75 pages) – $10,000 – 35,000
- E-commerce website (100-1,000 products) – $5,000 – 55,000
- Database driven website (20-2,000 pages) – $5,000 – 75,000
Web application development average cost rate:
- Small Web app – $3,000 – 8,000
- Middle-size web app – $9,000 – 16,000
- Complex web app – $16,000+
Commonly website development includes such steps:
- Domain name. The company needs a unique address of the website in order users can find and access it. Price: $5 – 15/year.
- Website hosting. It is a service that makes the website accessible 24 hours per day and 7 days per week. Price: $40 – 200/year.
- SSL Certificate. A tool for website security. Price: $70 – 300/year
- Website design. Creation of specific design according to the company’s business needs. Price: $2,000 – 15,000.
- Responsible web design. Front-end development approach that enables appropriate website visualization on various devices and screen sizes. Price: $3,000 – 25,000.
- Website functionality. One of the core stages when the static page transforms into a dynamic page. Price: $2,000 – 25,000 but depending on the website complexity the price can be significantly higher.
- Added multimedia. Adding interactive content such as images, videos, audios and animated elements. Price: $250 – 10,000.
- Integration of Content Management System (CMS). That is quite a useful feature that helps to manage digital content creation and modification on the website. Price: $2,000 – 25,000.
- Database integration. In case if the company has an internal or third-party database and there is a need to integrate it on the website. Price: $5,000 – 25,000.
Some web development companies set a fixed price for the whole project but more often companies charge an hourly price for web development. Here are hourly cost rates for web development company specialists in different countries:
|USA||Western Europe||Eastern Europe|
How long does it take to build a website?
For successful website deployment, it is quite important to establish and follow the project timeline. A typical website project timeline should include the most significant milestones that represent crucial stages of website development:
- The planning stage lasts for 2-10 weeks.
- The design stage lasts for 4-12 weeks.
- Content creation lasts for 5-15 weeks.
- The development stage lasts for 5-15 weeks.
- Beta testing lasts for 2-6 weeks.
- The deployment stage lasts for 1-3 days.
As we can count, the simple website requires approximately 18 weeks for development and complex website requires a year (58 weeks) and more.
The time required to build a web app will depend on its complexity:
- the simple web app will take 2-3 months to develop. For example, an information-based app with a database back-end.
- the middle complexity web app will take 3-6 months to develop. For example, apps with logins, social media functions, in-app purchases, back-end admin panel.
- the complex web app will take 6+ months. For example, apps with unique functionality, dedicated analytics, visualization patterns, trading options.
How industries can benefit from web development?
In the modern digital era, companies from various industries are trying to make their brand presence worldwide. People and companies are on the Internet for the information so it became almost obligatory for small, middle or large companies to have their own website where they can share the latest news and information with their customers. Furthermore, company owners consider mobile apps as a “must-have” technology to demonstrate their products or services as the customers use a mobile app more often than traditional computers. So here are examples of industries that benefited from web development:
Real Estate. The main purpose of real estate clients is to buy or rent a property. It was developed plenty of web apps that provide its users with the necessary information: Redfin, LoopNet, Realtor.com, Trulia, HomeSnap. The best known is Zillow, which provides the opportunity to search among 100 million+ of property listings, compare prices, connect with agents, get information about mortgage and receive property alerts.
Healthcare apps offer to monitor and conducting of care plans, enable intensified patient control, give access to therapeutic information and improve the overall quality of medical services. Effective healthcare apps are: Help Around, TalkSpace, CarePassport, Insight Optics, Fitocracy. One of the most remarkable is HealthTap that offers the possibility to ask a question and receive free, brief, educational answers from one of 140,000 doctors, see a doctor promptly by real-time video or get a treatment plan.
Banking and Finance. The common features of these apps are simplified account management, an opportunity of the bill and person-to-person payments, budgeting tools and access to your balance on demand. For example, using the Ally Bank app clients can transfer money, trade stocks and track investment performance. Besides that, it provides the opportunity to secure login by using a client’s fingerprint.
Food and Beverages. In this category are food & beverages delivery apps (such as Zitaat, UberEats), cooking apps (Big Oven, Chef Taps), and restaurant apps (Opentable, Tripadvisor). For example, BigOven.com besides traditional recipe library (that includes more than 250,000 recipes) has such useful functions as Planner where you can set up a schedule for your daily/weekly/monthly meals in advance, Grocery list, Organizer where you can collect all favorite recipes and Recipe Video Player.
Entertainment. This industry significantly benefited by a revealed opportunity for new revenue streams of developing apps for online gaming, movie watching and listening to the music. Top entertainment apps are: Netflix, Flixster, Fandango, MoboPlayer, Redbox. One of the well-known entertainment web apps is Deezer that possesses such features as Hi-Fi streaming option with 16-bit FLAC quality and also offers the possibility to create personal playlists, listen to live radio stations and share songs in social networks.
Retail. Since the quantity of products unceasingly growing and business requires to work 24/7 retailers create a wide variety of interactive and engaging product catalog applications. For example, Pepperi provides sales teams with the opportunity to sell through the e-catalogs that results in a reduction of the order-to-cash cycle and prevents costly mistakes. Other examples are: Brightpearl, Vend, Highline.
What are web development trends in 2019?
Progressive Web App is a web application that loads as an ordinary web page or website which is built with progressive enhancement and has a high level of functionality such as push notifications and a possibility to work offline. PWA gathers the best from the website and native app so that users don’t need to install an app on their smartphones. PWA can work instantly regardless of the network state, the users are always provided with the latest version and the content is available even with the poor Internet connection.
Motion UI is still one of the main trends of this year, thanks to its remarkable animations and dynamic graphics. According to the great demand for entertaining web design, it helps to display a company’s unique style and gives the opportunity to interact with users. The minimalistic design combined with such interactive elements as background animations and modular scrolling looks great and attracts user’s attention.
Cybersecurity is a computer systems protection from theft, service disruption, misdirection and damage of hardware, software or electronic data. That is quite an important issue to consider due to the growing reliance on the Internet, wireless networks and computer systems. Approaches that commonly used are: security by design, security architecture, vulnerability management, capabilities and access control list, and others.
Blockchain is a growing list of blocks (or records) that are linked together using cryptography. Each block includes transaction data, a cryptographic hash from the previous block and a timestamp. Blockchain finds its implementation in decentralized apps (or simply dApps). The specific feature of dApps is server-database logic storage in blockchain consequently such apps have strong protection and none outside person can take control of it.
Voice search optimization. Voice search technology becomes more and more popular, people choose to speak to a virtual assistant rather than to type. As the voice search starts to grow smart marketers make changes in already existed web content in order to make it more suitable for voice search results.
How to choose a partner web development company?
Here are a few tips that will help you to choose the most appropriate web development partner company:
Establish what you need. Before you approach a web development company you should clearly understand what exactly you need. Think of the type of website or web app you want and figure out what are necessary features.
Define the company’s cost rates. Generally, companies don’t publish prices on their websites so we recommend you contact them and get all the information about price packages. Also crucial to define are they charging once for the whole project or are they charging on an hourly rate?
Look over team expertise. Review what services a company provides and what kind of expertise the team possesses. It will be very helpful if you want not only to develop a website but also to receive additional services for the range of digital marketing, for example.
Take a look at the company’s portfolio. Many web development companies have a portfolio section on their websites with examples of developed notable projects. You may also check out how the websites are built and are easy to use. In case if they worked with the clients from your industry it may indicate that they understand the latest trends, challenges, and needs.
Ratings, customer feedback, and references. On the company’s website, you can also find a section with the clients’ testimonials. It is a good source to find out who is the company’s clients and get information about their collaboration. If there is not enough information on the company’s website you may ask about some references in order to contact them and get the necessary information.
Check out received awards. It is highly respected if the company was nominated or won an award. Here are a few web development awards:
- The Webby Awards
- The Web Guru Awards
- The Awwwards
- The CSS Design Awards
- The D&AD Professional Awards
Freelance web developers VS web development companies
The biggest advantage of working with a freelance developer is the fact that he can perform all the tasks remotely. Actually freelancers can work in 3 different modes: contract, freelance and full-time. The most common practice that they are working for some particular project/assignment and sign a temporary contract. Here are some Pros and Cons of collaboration with the freelancer.
- Reduced costs. It is definitely cheaper to hire a freelancer than the whole development team.
- Communication. As far as freelancer works alone he is responsible only for himself and for his own scope of work. You wouldn’t hear such an excuse as the work is not accomplished because of someone’s else fault.
- Expertise. Commonly freelancer is a narrow-focused specialist which is quite comfortable performing some specific task.
- Disappearance. There is a high probability that freelancers can go silent or simply disappear in case if you choose unreliable or unscrupulous developers. We recommend you to have a Plan B or to find a few more candidates as a reserve.
- Availability. You need to keep in mind that frequently freelancer is working on several projects at the same time and his availability could be quite limited.
- Quality of work. It often happens that freelancer is more concerned about the quantity of performed projects rather than on delivered quality.
You need to take into account that a web development company will provide you with a wider range of services and may suggest few web solutions for you. The company has a team of various specialists and access to all necessary resources and tools.
Here are some Pros and Cons of collaboration with a web development company.
- Full package. The web development company offers a full cycle service starting from the consulting and ending with the website deployment.
- Collective expertise. According to team diversity, they can easily get to the point, consult with each other and as a result, find a suitable solution collectively.
- Maintenance and support. Every valuable web development company will provide you with the ongoing maintenance and won’t leave you once the website is launched.
- Higher expenses. Obviously, hiring a web development team is always more costly than employing a freelance developer.
- Extended timeframe. The reason is the internal processes and communication within the team take time.
- Miscommunication. As long as you communicate only through a project manager the actual work will be performed by another person. There is a high possibility that the task could be interpreted wrong
Feel free to contact us via email@example.com if you want to place your company here.